If you are a BMW owner, you probably know the importance of regular car care and maintenance. Fall is one of the pivotal times of year to do a comprehensive check-up of your vehicle and take care of those pesky services that you've been putting off for the summer.
The summer heat can wear down our vehicles a lot faster than you think, which is why the fall season is an ideal time to recover from that. The leaves will start changing colors, and the fall breeze will kick in before you know it, and it will be more critical now than ever to ensure that your BMW will stay safe on the road for the rest of 2021.
If you've been cruising around your BMW or taking it on road trips all summer, you've probably noticed that it's a little worn out. A tune-up can give your bimmer a refresher and prep for what's to come this fall. We urge our customers to follow this maintenance list of items to take care of before the fall and winter commence:
- Check all your tires for tread wear, condition, and air pressure.
- Do a quick walk-around and look closely at your shocks and struts. Try the bounce test to see if they're in good shape.
- Ensure that all major fluids (oil, brake, power steering, transmission, coolant) are free of contaminants and topped-off.
- Get an engine oil service.
- Check the brake system for signs of worn parts.
- Make sure your heater and defroster are working.
- Swap out your windshield wipers and refill your wiper fluid.
- Check for any visible leaks.
- Test your car battery for proper charge.
- Make sure all exterior and interior lights are working and bright.
- Pack an emergency kit in your car. And include weather-appropriate items such as umbrellas, blankets, hats, jackets, etc.
We guarantee that these maintenance items are sure to keep your BMW running through the fall season. These things may take time to check off, but it'll be well worth it in the long run. You can avoid the risks of a breakdown and the costs of extensive repairs. We invite you to give Atlanta Car Care a visit for your next BMW service.