Oil changes are one of the most important (and cost-effective) maintenance items you can get for your Range Rover. When the time comes for this service, you may consider taking it to an auto shop or doing it on your own. While you weigh out the pros and cons of each, know that skipping an oil change is never a good option.
3 Reasons Why Oil Changes Are So Important
Oil changes are necessary to ensure your vehicle’s lifespan. Motor oil keeps your vehicle in good condition by…
- Lubricating the engine/minimizing friction
- Absorbing heat and preventing it from overheating
- Keeping out debris and other contaminants from clogging the engine
Fluid services, like oil changes, may seem straightforward, but not everyone can do it on their own. For example, some people may not have a driveway or garage to work on at all. A professional oil change can take the stress and hassle off your hands and save you a lot of time. Here are some things to consider when deciding between the two options:
- Materials - Besides finding the right kind of oil and oil filter, you will need a set of tools and equipment to perform an oil change correctly. You’ll need a pan to drain the old oil and something to protect your driveway. You’ll also need a way to get under your car, such as a ramp or jack.
- Safety - As mentioned, you will need to get under your vehicle, which is not the easiest to do when you have limited space and equipment. The last thing we want is for you to hurt yourself.
- Disposal - Most people don’t consider what happens to the old oil after every oil change. In fact, there is a precise process to dispose of the oil properly. It cannot be thrown away in a dumpster – it must be taken to a facility equipped to handle hazardous waste products.
If you have decided that you are not capable of performing oil changes on your own. Don’t fret. We invite you to bring your Range Rover to Atlanta Car Care for quality oil changes.